Absolutely delicious! Made as written, we all enjoyed this. I am making it again as it was so good. A keeper.
Summer Tortellini Salad
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Chill: 25 Minutes
- 1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and place in large bowl. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, and herbes de Provence. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Pour over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in salt to taste. Cover and chill at least 25 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rosetto Cheese Tortellini.
- Tuna Tortellini Salad: Substitute 1 (12-oz.) can albacore tuna, rinsed and drained well, for chicken. Prepare recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes