Really enjoyed this and also added cherry tomatoes and toasted walnuts. I doubled the dressing, although I didn't need all of it. Great for a summer meal.
Summer Tortellini Salad
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Chill: 25 Minutes
- 1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and place in large bowl. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, and herbes de Provence. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Pour over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in salt to taste. Cover and chill at least 25 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rosetto Cheese Tortellini.
- Tuna Tortellini Salad: Substitute 1 (12-oz.) can albacore tuna, rinsed and drained well, for chicken. Prepare recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note