I agree with 2 previous posts! The crust was terrible! Could not be rolled out to 13 in. Also, you need more than 3 T. water. I would try it again with pie crust or pizza crust. I made it to take somewhere and couldn't! We ate it at home. I wouldn't even give it a 1, except that it was tasty. If I do make it again, I will do the crust differently!
Summer Tomato, Feta, and Basil Galette
Pair this summery side with grilled flank steak, chicken, or salmon.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 322mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 pint jewel box tomatoes or multicolored pear tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly add ice water through food chute, and process just until combined (do not form a ball). Gently press the mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Unwrap dough, and roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, on top of dough, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold edges of dough over tomatoes to partially cover. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, and sprinkle with basil. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables