VERY delicious sauce! I had to substitute regular shredded mozzarella cheese, but it was fabulous! I recommend you be ready to serve immediately - this dish comes together very quickly!
Summer Squash Stacks With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
- 1 medium-size yellow squash, cut diagonally into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8.8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese
- 16 basil leaves
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Garnish: freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Brush squash and zucchini with oil; place in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Cut mozzarella into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Cut each slice in half. Place half of zucchini on a serving platter. Layer with half each of mozzarella and basil. Top with yellow squash. Layer with remaining mozzarella, basil, and zucchini. Top with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables