- 1 tablespoon light stick butter
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh yellow squash, sliced and cut in half (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 86
- fat 3.1 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- protein 4.1 g
- carbohydrate 11.1 g
- fiber 3.0 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 614 mg
- calcium 101 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add squash and onion. Cover and cook 13 minutes or until squash and onion are very tender.
Transfer squash mixture to a food processor bowl; puree until smooth. Return squash mixture to saucepan. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients; cook, uncovered, over low heat until thoroughly heated.
To serve, ladle 1 cup soup into each of 4 individual serving bowls, and top evenly with Parmesan cheese.