Summer Squash Saute over Polenta
The sun-dried tomato-flavored polenta and pesto packs this summer sauté dish with loads of flavor. Squash, zucchini, and roasted red peppers add color and texture to this tasty meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 26.6g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Garlic-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) package sun-dried tomato-flavored polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- While polenta bakes, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pesto and water, stirring well. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cover and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add red peppers; cook until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, spoon zucchini mixture evenly over polenta, and sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note