I was a bit doubtful about uncooked squash - but this was an absolute treat on a hot summer day. I don't think I will eat squash any other way from now on.
Summer Squash Ribbons with Lemon and Parmesan
The beautiful, thinly sliced ribbons of summer squash are dressed simply with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Add parmesan and a little salt and pepper, and you have an elegant summer side dish sure to impress.
More From Real Simple
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Sugars: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1 1/2 pounds summer squash and zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Parmesan (3/4 cup), shaved
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Cut the squash and zucchini into long, thin strips using a vegetable peeler (discard the seedy cores). Place in a large bowl. Add the oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This