Summer Squash Carpaccio and Shaved Cheese Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 77%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound small zucchini, preferably both green and yellow, 4 to 5 in. long
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 oz. aged sheep's-milk cheese*
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Toast pine nuts in a pie pan until golden, shaking occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes; set aside. Combine lemon juice, garlic, and fish sauce in a large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Trim ends from zucchini. With a cheese plane or mandoline, shave zucchini thinly lengthwise.
- 3. Mix zucchini in bowl with dressing. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Add arugula and mint. With a cheese plane, shave as much cheese over salad as you like. Add 2 tbsp. pine nuts and toss. Add more salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. pine nuts and serve immediately.
- *Such as Bellwether Farms' San Andreas or Pepato (CA), Black Sheep Creamery's Tin Willow Tomme (WA), or Sally Jackson Cheeses' Sheep Milk Tomme (WA).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads