- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound small zucchini, preferably both green and yellow, 4 to 5 in. long
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 oz. aged sheep's-milk cheese*
- calories 306
- caloriesfromfat 77 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 27 g
- satfat 9.4 g
- carbohydrate 5.9 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 521 mg
- cholesterol 34 mg
How to Make It
Heat oven to 350°. Toast pine nuts in a pie pan until golden, shaking occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes; set aside. Combine lemon juice, garlic, and fish sauce in a large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Trim ends from zucchini. With a cheese plane or mandoline, shave zucchini thinly lengthwise.
Mix zucchini in bowl with dressing. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Add arugula and mint. With a cheese plane, shave as much cheese over salad as you like. Add 2 tbsp. pine nuts and toss. Add more salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. pine nuts and serve immediately.
*Such as Bellwether Farms' San Andreas or Pepato (CA), Black Sheep Creamery's Tin Willow Tomme (WA), or Sally Jackson Cheeses' Sheep Milk Tomme (WA).
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.