Summer Sorbet Trio
You can make cantaloupe, honeydew, and strawberry sorbet with this one recipe. Letting the sorbet stand in the refrigerator gives it time to soften, but you can speed up the process by breaking it up and pulsing it in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
More From Coastal Living
Other: 4 Hours
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 pounds cubed honeydew melon, cantaloupe, or sliced strawberries, chilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine sugar and water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2. Puree sugar mixture and remaining ingredients, in 2 batches, in a blender until smooth.
- 3. Press fruit mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl using a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon.
- 4. Pour mixture into freezer container of an ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions (about 30 minutes). Transfer to an airtight container, and freeze at least 3 hours or up to 1 week. Let stand in the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note