Summer Shrimp Chopped Salad w/ Feta Vinagarette
This is a great light meal with a lot of texture for those hot summer days. Great paired with a nice Pinot Gris or crisp Savigon Blanc. This is a chop salad so you want to make all your pieces the same general size. I do about 1/4-1/2 inch. The amounts on the ingredients are estimates, depending on your preferences.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) Fresh beet greens Chopped or slivered
- 1-2 cup(s) Kale Chopped or slivered
- 1 can(s) Garbanzo beans or Black-eyed Peas Rinsed and Drained, Chop garbanzos slightly
- 1-2 pound(s) Cooked Medium Shrimp Peeled and chopped
- 1 whole(s) cucumber Peeled and chopped
- 1 cup(s) Carrots Choppped
- 1/2 cup(s) Green onions Sliced
- 1 cup(s) Fresh basil leaves Chopped fine
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley (Italian) Chopped fine
- 4 ounce(s) Sliced black olives Drained
- 1 cup(s) Fresh Pole Beans Chopped
- Feta Vinagarette
- 3/4 cup(s) Feta cheese Crumbled
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add all vegetables and shrimp into large bowl. Toss with dressing.
- For dressing:
- Put all ingredients in food processor / blender and pulse until smooth.
- Be careful that you don't blend too long or your oil will solidify.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cajorg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Summer Shrimp Chopped Salad w/ Feta Vinagarette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads