Summer Sangria Salad
Once upon a time, smart suburban hostesses considered a shimmering, fruit-filled gelatin ring perfect make-ahead party fare. Rediscover the glories with this modern interpretation.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (3-oz.) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (3-oz.) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Bring wine to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir together boiling wine and both packages of gelatin in a large glass bowl; stir 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves, using a rubber spatula and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in soft drink.
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place bowl containing gelatin mixture in ice, and let stand 10 minutes or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites, stirring frequently. Stir in peach mixture and raspberries. Spoon mixture into a 6-cup ring mold; cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a cake stand or serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note