Summer Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3 red beets
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Bake beets, covered with foil, at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool, remove skins, and cut into thin wedges.
- Cook corn in boiling water to cover until crisp-tender, and drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Repeat with green beans and peas.
- Toss spinach and lettuce with 1/4 cup Shallot Vinaigrette in a large bowl. Cut corn kernels from cobs, and combine with beets, beans, peas, and red onion. Top greens with beet mixture, walnuts, and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads