- 3 red beets
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
How to Make It
Bake beets, covered with foil, at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool, remove skins, and cut into thin wedges.
Cook corn in boiling water to cover until crisp-tender, and drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Repeat with green beans and peas.
Toss spinach and lettuce with 1/4 cup Shallot Vinaigrette in a large bowl. Cut corn kernels from cobs, and combine with beets, beans, peas, and red onion. Top greens with beet mixture, walnuts, and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing to taste.