Summer Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 pound cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 18 rice paper wrappers
- Thai Dipping Sauce
- Combine first 11 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Drain.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in warm water for 30 to 45 seconds or until softened; place on a flat surface. Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable mixture below center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold in both sides, and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, on a serving plate; cover with a damp towel. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling. Cut rolls in half; serve with Thai Dipping Sauce.
- Note: Rice paper wrappers and fish sauce are available in large supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers