Summer Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 pound cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 18 rice paper wrappers
- Thai Dipping Sauce
- Combine first 11 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Drain.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in warm water for 30 to 45 seconds or until softened; place on a flat surface. Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable mixture below center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold in both sides, and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, on a serving plate; cover with a damp towel. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling. Cut rolls in half; serve with Thai Dipping Sauce.
- Note: Rice paper wrappers and fish sauce are available in large supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note