This was so good! It's a very versatile recipe. I subbed lemon for the lime zest and added celery instead of the red pepper since that what I had. All three of my kids loved it.
Summer Rice Salad
Ditch a mayonnaise-laden potato salad for this fresh, minty number. Drizzle the versatile dressing over fresh fruit or grilled fish or veggies.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice, chilled
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumbers
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt to taste
- Stir together shallot, vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, Dijon mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Whisk in olive oil until blended. Add rice, cabbage, cucumbers, red bell pepper, green onions, mint, chives, and parsley; toss. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This