- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or blackberry liqueur (optional)
- 1 lemon verbena sprig (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed green peppercorns (optional)
- 2 cups day-old white bread slices, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Garnishes: fresh blackberries, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries
- Combine first 8 ingredients and, if desired, liqueur, lemon verbena, and peppercorns in a large nonaluminum bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Spread bread cubes evenly on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
- Stir bread into berry mixture, and let stand for 30 minutes. Remove lemon verbena, and discard.
- Spoon pudding mixture into 4 (8-ounce) individual serving dishes. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sara Lee Honey White Bakery Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This