Excellent, light salad using the items I keep on hand. Used one peach and one nectarine. Did not have heirloom tomatoes, so I used our local, seasonal tomatoes. Also, used red wine vinegar in place of sherry vinegar. This great summer salad would go with just about anything coming off the grill.
Summer Peach and Tomato Salad
Simplicity has never looked so beautiful. A stunning combination of skin-on peaches and heirloom tomatoes of various colors, sizes, and shapes creates a sweet-savory salad that pairs well with grilled pork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 pound ripe peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves or torn basil
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over peach mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note