Easy and wonderful when produce is so fresh! Very colorful dish; don't make too far in advance tomatoes get watery, although my peaches didn't turn even the next day. I substituted red wine vinegar for the sherry vinegar and it was fine; dressing very light. Wonderful mix of flavors!
Summer Peach and Tomato Salad
Simplicity has never looked so beautiful. A stunning combination of skin-on peaches and heirloom tomatoes of various colors, sizes, and shapes creates a sweet-savory salad that pairs well with grilled pork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 pound ripe peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 pound heirloom cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves or torn basil
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over peach mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads