Summer Melon with Sherbet and Fresh Mint Syrup
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Kathy Calnen
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 ripe honeydew melon, halved and seeded
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 pint fresh berries
- 1 pint fruit sorbet
- Fresh mint leaves
- Tie mint in a cheesecloth bag, and place in a saucepan. Add sugar and water; bring mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cover and let cool. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Refrigerate mint syrup until ready to serve.
- Scoop melons with 1-inch melon baller or ice cream scoop, and place three pieces on each serving plate. Serve with berries, and top with sorbet and fresh mint leaves. Drizzle with mint syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts