This salad came together in less than a minute with cubed watermelon and a micro-green watercress mixture - fantastic! Interesting contrasts and flavors that work together surprisingly well!
Summer Melon Salad with Feta and Mint
I grew up eating salt on ice-cold watermelon, so this sweet and savory salad seemed like a natural combination. It's also good on a bed of prosciutto or capicolla (smoked) ham. Prep: 15 minutes.
- 4 cups cubed or balled watermelon or muskmelon
- 1 pint cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces cubed feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed, washed and drained (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place melon and tomatoes on a large platter or individual serving plates. Sprinkle cheese and watercress evenly on top. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; sprinkle with mint. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads