- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 (8-ounce) yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 3/4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- calories 395
- fat 12.3 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 10.6 g
- carbohydrate 56.2 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 512 mg
- calcium 191 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus and peas; cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini and squash to pan; cook for 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Bring vegetable broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook until liquid is absorbed (about 30 seconds), stirring constantly. Stir in 1 cup broth; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Reserve 1/4 cup broth. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 22 minutes total). Stir in vegetables; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in reserved 1/4 cup broth and remaining ingredients.