We loved the idea of the grilled vegetables but wish there had been more oomph to the pizza (fresh herbs maybe?). You can read my full review here: http://bit.ly/MukqJ7
Summer Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Photo: Johnny Autry; Food Styling: Charlotte Autry
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 675mg
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 (4-ounce) zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 (4-ounce) yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 small red onion (about 7 ounces), cut into 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and torn into pieces
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 3. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 4. Flatten bell pepper pieces with hand. Arrange all the vegetables in a single layer on a large cutting board or baking sheet; brush both sides with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Arrange onion wedges on skewers, if desired. Arrange vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Coarsely chop bell pepper.
- 5. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove the partially baked crust from oven. Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the vegetables over dough, and sprinkle evenly with salt and crushed red pepper. Top evenly with cheese. Carefully return pizza to pizza stone. Bake at 500° for an additional 12 minutes or until the crust and cheese are browned. Brush edge of dough with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Cut into 6 large slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This