- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 (4-ounce) zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 (4-ounce) yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 small red onion (about 7 ounces), cut into 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and torn into pieces
- calories 346
- fat 13.5 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 49.6 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 675 mg
- calcium 158 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
Flatten bell pepper pieces with hand. Arrange all the vegetables in a single layer on a large cutting board or baking sheet; brush both sides with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Arrange onion wedges on skewers, if desired. Arrange vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Coarsely chop bell pepper.
Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove the partially baked crust from oven. Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the vegetables over dough, and sprinkle evenly with salt and crushed red pepper. Top evenly with cheese. Carefully return pizza to pizza stone. Bake at 500° for an additional 12 minutes or until the crust and cheese are browned. Brush edge of dough with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Cut into 6 large slices.