This soup was just not for me. I did love the crab salad. It was wonderful!
Summer Gazpacho with Avocado West Indies Salad
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Serve this immediately on busy weeknights for a fresh and light meal. Or make ahead and chill to let the flavors brighten even more.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium-size red heirloom tomato
- 1 cup diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 Kirby cucumber, diced
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Avocado West Indies Salad
- Whole grain crackers
- 1. Cut tomato in half; gently squeeze to remove seeds. Discard seeds, and chop tomato. Combine tomato and next 12 ingredients in a large pitcher. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare Avocado West Indies Salad. Spoon gazpacho into bowls. Top with Avocado West Indies Salad. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note