More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 5.0g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 pounds tomatoes, peeled and seeded (about 6 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups spicy-hot vegetable juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cut bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic into large pieces. Reserve 1/2 cup cucumber. Combine bell pepper, remaining cucumber, onion, and garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into large pieces. Reserve 1/2 cup tomato. Process remaining tomato in a food processor until finely chopped. Add to bell pepper mixture.
- Stir in olive oil, vegetable juice, vinegar, and salt. Cover and chill 1 hour. Spoon into 6 bowls. Chop reserved cucumber and tomato. Top each serving with chopped cucumber, chopped tomato, and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Note: Don't over process the vegetables; they need to be finely chopped, but not pureed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews