Summer Garden Pudding
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn cut from the cob (about 6 ears)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Press zucchini between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn and carrot, and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine 1/4 cup milk, flour, and cornmeal; stir well, and add to corn mixture in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, cottage cheese, and next 4 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth. Add cottage cheese mixture to corn mixture; stir well. Stir in zucchini. Coat an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Spoon mixture into dish. Pour remaining 1/4 cup milk over mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards