More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 34.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 656mg
- Calcium: 250mg
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cooked small seashell macaroni (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Set aside. Combine macaroni and next 4 ingredients (macaroni though egg yolk) in a medium bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- Melt margarine over medium heat in a 10-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add zucchini; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni mixture; spread evenly in bottom of skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil; place skillet in oven, and bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional minute or until cheese melts. Top each serving with 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
- Note: Substitute 3/4 cup egg substitute for 5 egg whites and 1 egg yolk, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch