Took this salad to outdoor brunch in large open bowl and gathered rave reviews from all! The presentation is beautiful! Used (all natural) dressing, and a mix of spinach and arugula! Tip: 'hold' on dressing salad til serving. It's a new combination of flavors, and has already become a 'take-along' fave for 2012 events!
Summer Fruit Salad
Add some savory flavor to your sweet fruit salad with avocado, arugula, and cilantro and mix with a bottled poppy seed dressing.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled poppy seed dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups halved seedless green grapes
- 1 mango, julienned
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together dressing and grated ginger in a large bowl. Cut avocado slices in half crosswise; gently toss with dressing mixture. Add arugula and remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Pair with: Tramin Gewürztraminer, Italy or Vouvray.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers