This salad is amazing - easy to make and one of the best combinations we've had EVER!!! My husband loved it - wants to serve it for all our company dinners! I made my own poppy seed dressing from scratch, since I didn't have any bottled dressing. Also used the fruit I had on hand: ripe peaches, ripe fresh apricots and blueberries - the rest was the same as listed in recipe. I will make this salad all summer with whatever fruit I have on hand as it is equally good with any fruit. Awesome - almost like a dessert - a KEEPER!!!
Summer Fruit Salad
Add some savory flavor to your sweet fruit salad with avocado, arugula, and cilantro and mix with a bottled poppy seed dressing.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled poppy seed dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups halved seedless green grapes
- 1 mango, julienned
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together dressing and grated ginger in a large bowl. Cut avocado slices in half crosswise; gently toss with dressing mixture. Add arugula and remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Pair with: Tramin Gewürztraminer, Italy or Vouvray.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note