Summer Fruit with Cardamom-Lime Syrup
Photo: Anne Liles
More From Coastal Living
Steep: 8 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small watermelon, quartered and sliced into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 4 large mangoes, cut into 1-inch wedges and scored
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh mint
- 1. Combine sugar, salt, and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in cardamom pods and lime juice. Remove from heat; steep 30 minutes.
- 2. Pour mixture into a glass or plastic container; cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Strain cardamom pods from syrup, and discard pods.
- 3. Arrange watermelon and mango on a serving platter. Sprinkle with mint. Drizzle with about half of syrup, and serve with remaining syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note