Summer Dinner Delight
This is one of my favorite recipes from my grandmother. It's a good, quick, and easy filling dinner we made in the summer with fresh tomatoes and served with fresh corn on the cob.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes sliced thick
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 6-8 strip(s) bacon fried crisp
- 2 cup(s) flour
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 4 cup(s) mashed potatoes
- 1. Prepare mashed potatoes and set aside. This recipe is good using instant as well as your own recipe for potatoes.
- 2. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove to paper towel. Do not drain fat. Keep warm.
- 3. In a shallow bowl add pepper and salt to flour. Slice tomatoes about 1 inch thick and dredge through flour.
- 4.Add tomatoes to pan and brown on both sides. Add mushroom soup to pan and mix in to warm. Crumble bacon and add to pan.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Serve with your favorite summer vegetable or small salad.
- This dish can also accommodate vegetarians by using bacon bits or 'facon'
This recipe is a personal recipe added by plumblossom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note