- 3/4 pound jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups shelled fava beans (about 4 1/2 pounds unshelled beans)
- 1 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green beans (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 340
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- monofat 7 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 125 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 534 mg
- calcium 120 mg
How to Make It
Peel and devein shrimp, reserving shells. Set shrimp aside.
Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add shrimp shells; sauté 5 minutes. Add stock. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Strain liquid through a sieve into a bowl; discard shells. Reserve liquid.
Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add fava beans to pan; cook 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon. Plunge fava beans into ice water; cool completely. Drain well. Remove and discard tough outer shell from fava beans. Add green beans to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Plunge green beans into ice water; cool completely. Drain well.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic and shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add corn; sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp, reserved shrimp liquid, and salt; cook 3 minutes. Add fava beans, green beans, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, dill, tarragon, and hot sauce; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and pepper.