Summer Corn Relish
This recipe makes a lot of corn relish. Use extra (if there is any!) as a chip dip or a topping for your quesadillas, burritos, or fish tacos. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes.
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 9 ears)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Place first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook, stirring often, about 4 to 5 minutes or until corn is glossy but still slightly crunchy. Remove from heat, add basil, and let cool. Chill in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments