- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 9 ears)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Place first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add kosher salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring often, about 4 to 5 minutes or until corn is glossy but still slightly crunchy. Remove from heat, add basil, and let cool. Chill in an airtight container until ready to serve.