Summer Chicken Stir-Fry
This Summer Chicken Stir-Fry recipe is a quick and easy, not to mention healthy, weeknight dinner that your family will love. Ready in under 25 minutes, this go-to summer chicken dish is colorful and packed with flavor. Pair with a simple green salad for the ultimate meal.
More From Health
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 365mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cups (6 ounces) snow pea pods, cut diagonally in half
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine dressing, soy sauce, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl; add chicken, tossing to coat.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add onions; stir-fry 1 minute or until chicken is thoroughly heated and vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note