Summer Caesar Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise and divided
- 5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed day-old French bread baguette (about 6 ounces)
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 10 cup arugula
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 1 garlic half to pan; cook 1 minute. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water to 1 inch above eggs. Remove eggs from pan; bring water to a boil. Using a spoon, gently lower eggs into boiling water. Cover saucepan, remove from heat, and let stand 6 minutes. Place eggs in a bowl of ice water, and cool completely. Gently crack eggshells, and peel over a large bowl, pouring yolks into bowl. Coarsely chop egg whites. Discard eggshells.
- 4. Mince remaining garlic. Add minced garlic, lemon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through anchovies) to yolks; mash with a fork to form a paste. Gradually add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well with a whisk until each addition is incorporated and mixture emulsifies and thickens slightly. Add chopped egg whites, croutons, arugula, and mint to dressing. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note