- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh lady peas or butter peas
- 1 pound pulled barbecued pork (without sauce)
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups peeled and diced tomatoes
How to Make It
Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add broth and peas; bring to a boil, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until peas are tender. Stir in pork and next 3 ingredients; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: We tested with Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce.