This was our first attempt at Biscotti and I thought it was wonderful - better than store bought quality. It didn't make as much as I expected - we only cut 12 biscotti. I will double the recipe next time.
"The small amount of rich white chocolate makes this biscotti feel like an indulgence. The lemon zest adds a bright citrus flavor that is perfect with a cold drink on a warm summer day. You can substitute milk for the fat-free half-and-half if you don't keep it on hand. Store the cookies in a single layer in an airtight container." —Shelly Huckey, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 2 minutes until well blended. Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup chips and pecans (dough will be sticky). Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into a 9 x 4–inch log; pat to 1/2-inch thickness. Place log on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Remove log from pan; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut log crosswise into 18 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 5. Place remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in a glass measure; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or just until melted. Add fat-free half-and-half; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note