Summer Berry Tarts
Excellent-quality puff pastry (F&W likes the Dufour brand) makes all the difference to this minimalist fruit dessert. Berries simmered in a little sugar become a slightly gooey, fresh-tasting topping.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 45 Minutes
- 7 ounces (from one 14-ounce package) frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) blackberries and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry on the baking sheet and cut it into two 5-by-6-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle on the diagonal to form 2 triangles. Refrigerate until the pastry is chilled, about 10 minutes.
- Separate the triangles so they're evenly spaced. Bake the pastry for 25 minutes, or until nicely browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the blackberries and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the raspberries and cook for 10 seconds. Stir a few times; transfer to a bowl.
- Place the pastry on plates, top with the berries and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note