I found the recipe simple enough and it was good. Thing is, we all preferred the typical, traditional pound cake recipe better. I wouldn't bother with this again.
Sullivan's Lemon-Almond Pound Cake
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears. Add extracts, beating just until blended.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts