The temp is off on this recipe and it burned my pecans. If you look at other recipes, the oven setting is 275 or 300 not 350 and the cooking time is shorter. Do not use. It will burn your expensive pecans
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1. Whisk egg white until foamy; add pecans, and stir until evenly coated.
- 2. Stir together sugars; sprinkle over pecans. Stir gently until pecans are evenly coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Note: Store pecans in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This