AMAZING!! This recipe was supper easy and they were delicious!! My family love them. We will definitely be sharing this recipe with family and friends!
Sugared Chocolate Beignets
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 111
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 sheets (17 oz. total) cold thawed puff pastry dough
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. Combine corn syrup and cream in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 30-second intervals until boiling. Put chocolate in a bowl and pour hot cream on top. Stir chocolate until smooth, then chill, stirring often, until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll each pastry dough sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each square into 16 smaller squares and transfer to a baking sheet.
- 3. In a bowl, lightly whisk egg and 1 tbsp. water to blend, then brush over pastry squares. Spoon about 1 tsp. chocolate into the center of each square. Fold 1 corner of each square over to meet the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Press edges to seal. Use a 2 1/2-in. round cutter to trim corners of triangle and form a shape that resembles a three-quarter moon. Wrap trays with plastic wrap and freeze at least 1 hour and up to 1 week. (To save space, after 30 minutes of freezing, put pastries in resealable plastic bags in freezer.)
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake pastries, switching pan positions once, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Put sugar in a bowl and turn beignets in sugar to coat. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per beignet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts