Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Amy Burke
This recipe goes with Sweet Potato-Carrot Casserole
Yield: Makes 4 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk egg white in a large bowl until foamy. Add pecans, and stir until evenly coated.
- 2. Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl until blended. Sprinkle sugar mixture over pecans; stir gently until pecans are evenly coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 24 to 26 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool until completely cool (about 30 minutes).
- Note: To make ahead, prepare pecans as directed. Store in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This