Sugar And Spice Nuts
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine egg white (at room temperature) and water; beat until foamy.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, coriander, and nutmeg; stir well. Gradually add to egg white mixture, beating until soft peaks form. Fold in almonds and pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 225° for 1 hour or until nuts are dry; stir mixture every 20 minutes.
- Remove nuts to waxed paper, and separate with a fork. Brush with melted butter. Let dry. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks