Marinated the turkey in the dry mix overnight; we also injected a little butter under the skin. We grilled the turkey and basted with a little maple syrup after removing from grill and tenting with foil. 5*
Sugar-and-Spice Cured Turkey Breast
To prevent a top-heavy turkey breast from tilting over onto its side, use kitchen shears to trim an inch or two from the bony lower portion of the rib cage—just enough to level the underside of the breast so that it rests securely in the pan or on the grill.
More From Southern Living
10 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 1. Combine light brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Rub mixture over turkey breast; cover and chill 8 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Let turkey breast stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Place turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up. Pour chicken broth in bottom of pan. Cover turkey loosely with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note