Marinated the turkey in the dry mix overnight; we also injected a little butter under the skin. We grilled the turkey and basted with a little maple syrup after removing from grill and tenting with foil. 5*
Sugar-and-Spice Cured Turkey Breast
More From Southern Living
10 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 1. Combine light brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Rub mixture over turkey breast; cover and chill 8 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Let turkey breast stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Place turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up. Pour chicken broth in bottom of pan. Cover turkey loosely with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes