Sugar Snap-Snow Pea Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed fresh sugar snap peas (about 5 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed fresh snow peas (about 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon black or regular sesame seeds
- 1 cup frozen baby English peas, thawed
- 1. Arrange sugar snap peas and snow peas in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 2. Whisk together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Heat sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add hot sesame seeds to soy sauce mixture, stirring until blended. Add sugar snap peas, snow peas, and thawed English peas, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads
Food & Wine