Sugar Snap Peas with Mint Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1. In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the mint just until limp and bright green, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mint to a blender and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream and blend until pureed. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add salt to the boiling water, then blanch the sugar snap peas until just tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain well, transfer to a bowl and toss with about 1 tablespoon of the mint oil. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Notes: Use the leftover fragrant mint oil as a marinade for chicken, lamb chops or firm white-fleshed fish or mix it with lemon juice for a refreshing salad dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables