My kids were fighting over who got to eat the last pea. Delicious!
Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon and Toasted Almonds
Sugar snap peas make this a crisper, sweeter version of green beans amandine.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add peas; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain peas in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 teaspoon cooking water.
- Combine peas, reserved cooking water, butter, and lemon rind, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with almonds, salt, and pepper; toss gently to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note