Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes.
Health JUNE 2008
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas, and cook about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Add the chicken to the pan; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm until ready to serve.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the shallots, and cook, stirring frequently to keep from burning, 2–3 minutes or until limp and golden brown. While the shallots are cooking, whisk together the remaining 7 ingredients (through thyme). Add the mustard mixture and the blanched peas to the pan; stir until the peas are well coated with the dressing and heated through. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
5. To serve, arrange chicken and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar snap peas on each of 4 plates. Serve with a 5-ounce glass of white wine, if desired.
Go to full version of