This receipe has good flavor and is super easy to prepare. Don't add the mint until you are ready to serve because it will turn brown!
Sugar Snap and Green Peas with Lemon and Mint
This is equally good warm or at room temperature. Either way, stir in the mint just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 99
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.1g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 3 quarts water
- 2 1/2 cups shelled green peas (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- 3 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in an 8-quart stockpot or Dutch oven. Add green peas to boiling water; cook 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pea mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in mint and rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note