Sugar Free Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) 100% white grape juice
- 3 ounce(s) Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar-free maple syrup
- 4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract pure
- 1 pinch(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 dash(es) ground nutmeg
- Bring grape juice to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Continue to boil until juice is reduced to ½ cup. Cool to room temperature. In a bowl blend cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the butter into cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until mixture is pale yellow and has almost doubled in volume, scraping the bowl when necessary, about 4 minutes. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks on high speed until they appear thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Decrease speed to medium and add the cooled reduced grape juice to the egg yolks in a slow and steady stream until blended. Increase the mixer speed to high and whisk until very light and fluffy. On low speed, add the maple syrup and vanilla to the egg yolk mixture. Increase the mixer speed to high and whisk until smooth. Add half of the whipped cream cheese-butter to the egg yolk mixture and whisk on medium speed until blended. Add the remaining whipped cream cheese-butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk until fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use. Makes about 3 ½ cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nfulks32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note