Sugar Crusted Nuts
from a magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) unsalted or salted mixed nuts
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg or mace
- Include the following nuts, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, filberts, cashews, Brazil nuts.
- Combine ingredients in a large skillet. Bring mixture to boiling and boil hard, stirring constantly, until it reached 238º on candy thermometer or until syrup coats nuts and turns amber. Pour nuts out onto a large, greased cookie sheet; separate with 2 forks into a thin layer; let cool until syrup hardens. Break into pieces; place in an air-tight container and store in a cool, dry place.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sugar Crusted Nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy